Fines & Charges
- Movies are loaned out for 3 days.
- Books and Books on Tape are loaned out for 2 weeks.
- New arrivals and Magazines are loaned out for 1 week.
- Renewals can be done in person or over the phone for another 2 weeks, provided there is no waiting list for the material. Normally, each patron may check out 4 - 6 books. A patron in good standing qualifies for auto-renewal which allows a book to be auto renewed two times. This means the patron can keep a 7 day book for three weeks and a 14 day book for six weeks.
- Check out may be limited the first checkout with new card to 2 items.
- A patron will receive a phone call or a reminder letter after the library materials have been overdue.
- A second letter will be sent to patrons after the library materials remain overdue for over a month after the 1st reminder outlining the costs if not returned and reminding them that all library privileges (including computer usage) have been suspended until material is returned or paid for.
- A fine of $0.10 per day shall be imposed for all library materials which are overdue. Library materials may be withheld from card holders until all fines against them are paid, this also includes computer usage.
- Any damage or injury done to library material while in the borrower's possession, beyond reasonable wear shall be paid for by the borrower. Paperbacks & Magazines lost or damaged will be charged out at a cost of $5.00 each. Hardcover books, audio books, etc. will be at replacement cost plus a $3.00 restocking fee.
- Library employees and trustees will not be charged fines as long as they hold their position.