Library Card registration Policy
- Library cards are issued free to resident of Iowa. The Bedford Public Library participates in the State of Iowa Open Access Program.
- When coming to the Bedford Public Library to apply for a card, you must bring identification with your current address on it. For example, a driver's license, utility bill, etc. Children who have not yet reached 14 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign their application card.
- Library cards are issued for 3 years. Upon expiration, the card may be renewed after registration information is verified and charges, if any, are paid.
- Out-of-State residents will be charged a fee of $1.00 per year for a library card.
- Temporary residents will be issued a temporary library card allowing them to borrow two items at a time. A fee of $1.00 per month will be charged for the temporary card.
It is strongly recommended that a card not be loaned to or material be checked out on another's card. The person to whom the card is issued is responsible for all fees, fines, and materials checked out to the card.